If you want to learn more about how to become a peak performer at trading, you will want to check out some of the best books for traders. I will also be sharing my absolute favorite books on how to live a better life and happier life.
My Top 3 Best Books for Traders
For those seeking to improve their trading skills, here is my list of several books that offer valuable insights into trading strategies that I have found helpful in my 35 years of trading.
1. How to Make Money in Stocks by William O’Neil. The best version of this book is this green edition on Amazon. This is my absolute favorite book about trading.
2. Market Prophets by Eddie Z. This is a five-star rated book. Of course, I wrote the book, so of course it’s one of my favorites.
3. Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline and a Winning Attitude by Mark Douglas. He takes a look at successful traders and traders who have failed and really delves deep into what makes us tick financially.
Additional Read-Worthy Trading Books
Interviews with traders can be extremely valuable as they provide insights into the experiences of successful traders and help others navigate their own path to success.
Jack Schwager’s books, called Market Wizards, are highly recommended for those seeking to improve their trading skills. The original version and some updates, such as The New Market Wizards and Hedge Fund Market Wizards, offer helpful material and interviews with traders.
For day and swing traders, Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt by Michael Lewis is a must-read. This book provides an entertaining read while also offering insights into how the basic market functions and how its electronics work.
Whether or not you believe that flash trading and high-frequency trading are an issue, Michael Lewis’s book is a great read. He did some excellent research to understand what is going on behind the scenes of high-frequency trading.
Personal Growth Books
I believe that personal growth is an essential part of being a successful trader. It involves developing a strong mindset, maintaining psychological well-being, and having a positive outlook. Here are some books that focus on personal growth that I highly recommend:
1. Are You Fully Charged? by Tom Rath. This is a book that provides some really basic and important tactics you can do on a daily basis.
2. The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz, A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom. This is a great book for a sense of well-being, understanding who you are as a person, and a guide for basic living. I would definitely term it as a spiritual book, but not religious.
3. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. I recommend the latest version as a resource for those seeking to improve their financial well-being.
These books have helped me in my journey as a trader, and I hope they can help you too.
Audiobooks for Traders
Despite having a master’s degree in finance and an undergraduate degree in accounting, I found the actual act of reading always took a tremendous effort for me. Not that I’m not a good reader, it just felt like it took a big effort for me to sit down and read a book.
As an adult, I found that listening to audiobooks for me is effortless.
As a cyclist, I cover over 120 miles a week on my bicycle. For at least half the ride, I’ll listen to the audio version of a book.
Audible.com is a great source to purchase audiobooks. They offer audio versions of the best books for traders that I have recommended above, including the read-worthy and personal growth books that I feel will help you become a successful trader.
I recommend purchasing 10 credits at once as it only costs one credit per book. This comes out to approximately $8 or $9 per book, which is a great deal.
Connect Further With Us
Thanks for watching! If you haven’t already, please feel free to download our EZ Trading Computer’s Complete Guide to Trading Computers by clicking the link. Our guide is packed with great tips so you can totally optimize your trading experience.
Lastly, be sure to check out our latest trading computer sale by clicking the button at the top or clicking here.
My name’s Eddie Z. Thanks for watching, and I’ll see you in the next video.